Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hunter Star

What a great day to use the AccuQuilt Go to make the Hunter Star Block!  Took awhile to figure out how to cut specific pieces, cut just white star shapes, the large triangles and thin middle pieces in the color I needed for the block. At first I just covered the die with a one color but didn't need some of the shapes in all the colors.  It's going to be a dynamite quilt!  I love the contrast.



So while I'm sewing the black, red and white blocks together I thought this would be a great patriotic quilt to make for the Veterans!  So got the GO out and cut red, white and blue to make a sample block.  It's now on my "TO  DO"  list.  


I'll have to get some fabric.. Only had a bit of red and this piece of blue in bin. The red section needs to be a print and not a solid.  Need yardage to do the quilt, well ok a trip to the quilt store won't be such a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment