Sunday, May 24, 2015

Learning to Knit

Divided Boxes Knit Stitch

I was determined to learn to knit.  Watched Youtube videos and was successful!  First I cast on, ripped it out, cast on again until I could do it quickly and then moved to knit stitch, did that over and over again. and then moved to purl stitch which I did, ripped and repeated.  Poor yarn really got a work out!  But my scarf is coming along.  It's too narrow for an adult ( my opinion) so I will pass it on to my granddaughter to wear to school this winter in Boston.

So far I've completed a dish cloth (my knitting friends tell me that's what I need to knit to practice). But I suppose if you make dish clothes you need to do dishes- really?

My goal is to make Prayer Shawls in addition to the Prayer Quilts I make.  Not too sure about sweaters?

No comments:

Post a Comment