Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Going Old School

This year I decided to go "old school" or Vintage in my flower garden.  I love to plant seeds and watch their progress, that is if the snails, grasshoppers or lizards don't chew on the leaves.   Some of the seeds were gathered- ok I gathered them in the Association flower beds.  The gardeners don't dead head so I watch for the plants to go to seed.  Last fall I collect ruby red snapdragons and guess what they are blooming.   The seeds of the purple delphiniums were planted in my flower garden last year. So I saved the seed/ Wahoo!  They're blooming too.

Purple Delphiniums


Snapdragons
So this year I planted Hollyhock, Bachelor Buttons and Cosmos seeds.  These flowers always remind me of my Grandma Steinert.  She loved these flowers and always saved her seeds in empty jars.  Always remember seeds in green olive jars.
                                        The flowers will look like this when they are bloom.

Bachelor Butons

Hollyhock

Cosmos

No comments:

Post a Comment