Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Prayer Quilt Process


Prayer quilts begin with the piecing of the fabrics.  This quilt has loads of floral prints and large white areas for quilting.  I love to do free motion quilting on my domestic Baby Lock machine.  On this quilt I just started quilting... did not have any idea what or where I was going with the machine.




I feel this design in the large areas fit well.  I started in the center and moved around.  This time I was practicing tracking or traveling (going over the same stitches to arrive at another area without leaving a trace of the second stitching.)  Really need to practice echoing, making the same distance between stitching  is a challenge.  It's not as easy as it appears.


This Prayer Quilt was made for Denise, who has cancer and has already been through one surgery and will begin chemo in two weeks.  After the first round of chemo ending in December another rest time and then a second round of chemo.  Blessing and Prayers are for Denise and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment