Monday, November 20, 2017

Annual Thanksgiving Tea

The Saturday before Thanksgiving is my Annual Thanksgiving Tea!  Spending the afternoon with my friends sets the tone for my favorite holiday.   It's a joy to plan this event which began in 2004!
Invitations are sent, recipes selected (some even tried before the event) but always tasting the best for my friends. 
The top tier are Pecan Pie Bites- Really Sweet!  The middle tier contained layers of pound cake separated with pumpkin butter (don't eat the candied leaf or you'll break your teeth) and the bottom tier are cranberry walnut tarts.

These soft pumpkin cookies would make great Whoopie Pies!
They were like having a piece cake.  The spices are so Thanksgiving.

These Salted Caramel thumb print cookies were light and delightful.

The Tea also included two sandwiches, Chicken Salad on marble rye bread and Pimento Cheddar 
Cheese on white bread. The chicken salad included green apple, walnuts, cranberries and leaves of baby spinach.   The Pimento Cheddar Cheese spread was my moms recipe.

Three types of Tea were served: Lady Grey, Pumpkin Spice and White Pomegranate.  Always served in my three fall tea pots.

Friends are the best part of the tea!  We laugh, sigh and catch up on events, hobbies, community, grand kids, and those beloved pets! 



Sorry ladies, still working on photography!  Perhaps a goal for 2018!

I always enjoy making a special party favors for my guests!  This year I made small fabric baskets packed with miniature English tea cookies inside.  Love the turkey ribbon I found at Hobby Lobby!  Score on that purchase.

This event is such a great way to celebrate with friends!
Happy Thanksgiving!















No comments:

Post a Comment