Friday, December 29, 2023

Vintage Hexagons

 


These embroidered hexagons come from my moms dresser scarves!  These beautifully done flowers have been sitting in the trunk since 2008 when my mom went to heaven.  Mom spent so many hours embroidering these beautiful items.   While watching YouTube one day, I saw Arnie and Carlos using vintage linens to make hexagons for a quilt.
I then remembered my moms amazing workmanship!  So I decided to use the templates I used for other projects and make an oversized table topper (don't have enough for a quilt).  I thought that 30's theme fabrics would be great as the borders,
I am so excited to be able to use the things my mom made and not let them sit in the trunk. Might even try to place several of my Grandmother's beautiful crocheted items in the topper.  I will post when the vintage memory hexagon topper is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment