Saturday, August 29, 2015

Erynn's Quilt

This is Great Granddaughter Erynn and her quilt. The Bon Bon Bebe is the name of the pattern. I have saved the paper doll fabric (center blocks)  like forever!  I just couldn't cut this fabric to begin a quilt.  But Erynn is be our third Great Granddaughter so she gets this fabric.  Learned my lesson,  I wish I'd purchased more of the fabric because I had to add fabric strips to the sides to complete the back. The most difficult part of this quilt was choosing the sashing and flying geese fabrics.  I must have emptied the cabinet twice to find the fabric. The black and white checked blocks are so attractive and add to the design. The binding is black and white polka dots!

Here's Erynn


                                                     

                                   






                             Here's her quilt


The quilting was done on my domestic machine and was all my idea.  I was pleased with the results.  My favorite part is the row of hearts on the final border!  

2 comments:

  1. very striking with that black and white! I also love books, gardening and sewing. We have a bit in common. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete