Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Two Project Completed

Today I finished two projects!  Yeah!  The new pillow for the bedroom is a Cathedral Window.  Always wanted to make a Cathedral Window quilt  but it looked to complicated and too time consuming. I watched a video by Shabby Fabrics on Youtube and just went after it.  The step by step process in an easy uncomplicated process was so helpful.  It was like doing an Origami paper fold only with fabric.  Tough part was getting the pieces (just like the paper ones) to be exact.  So here's the result.  TaDah!  Oh, just thought I'd say, not making a quilt, pillow will do.



Well it was supposed to go with the new bedspread and blend with the picture above the bed.  Well,  it's okay and will stay on the bed but goodness now the bedspread, picture and the pillow don't match  exactly and I live with a person who loves things to match exactly.  So it's staying on the bed.  Happy Me!

PROJECT NUMBER TWO

The second project was an I Spy quilt that I made from left over tumbler pieces.  The first I Spy quilt was completed about a year ago and I got tired of shuffling the extra tumbler pieces. Kids love colors and add animals, hearts, bugs, dogs and stars and you hit a home run. The tumbler blocks made panel and then added borders. It will be donated to a home for children who have not been fortunate to have lots of love and special care.  I hope the little person who receives this quilt will know that there is a BIG Hug to wrap around them each time they use the quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment