Thursday, February 16, 2017

French Roses With Rail Fence Block

French Roses is made up of blocks that have raw edge appliqué.  After being in the laundry several times the edges will fray and produce a soft, ruffle edge.  


French Roses is a favorite quilt pattern.  I made a French Roses quilt for my mom (now belongs to my cousin) and was pleased with how the quilt looked.  When I saw this quilt all in red (who knows where) I searched for the pattern but was unable to locate the source.  I had the pattern, designed by Heather French, so I made the blocks and added the Rail Fence Blocks.  
I love that the quilt is all in a cherry tones of red.


The pattern of the fabrics I chose made a special texture for each of the roses. The quilt needed texture so it was quilted with small 3's and E's.  It was a challenge to machine quilt on my domestic machine.  Quilt measures 65" X 65"


The orginal pattern did not have the roses on the corner border. When I added the roses to two of the opposite corners, it added so much to this quilt.  The Kona white outside border is quilted with feathers, but the roses on the border made it a challenge to quilt around the three roses.
I would love if this quilt would be mine, but it will be one of my donations to the Tulip Tea and Quilt Sale to be held on March 25th.


No comments:

Post a Comment