Sunday, February 12, 2017

In December 27, 2015, I posted that this was my new years project and I would posted the completed quilt in one year from that date.  It's February 2017, here's the completed scrap quilt!  Wahoo!  Took a bit longer than one year to complete.  Life got in my way!




The optial illustion created by the placement of the two blocks is so unique!  The quilt consists of two blocks.  I used 2 inch squares for the four patches and the Tri Rec ruler to make the triangle blocks.  All the colored blocks came from the scrap drawer...didn't even put a dent in the scraps! Goodness!




The block was constructed in nine patch formation.  Each block measure 6.5" (unfinished block) when completed.  The only fabric purchased was the white back ground and the backing.  I used Kona white and the newspaper print ordered from Keepsake Quilting.





This quilt was donated and will be used as an "Opportunity Quilt" (another word for raffle) at my church group Tulip Tea and Quilt Sale in March 2017.  Hopefully we'll save tons of tickets and will be a blessing to our quilt group.  The funds raised will be used for materials for Prayer and Squares Quilts, and quilts for Veterans and local charities.

No comments:

Post a Comment